Every winter season, from December to April, Stenberg Guides offers single day to multi-day ski touring trips at Rogers Pass. We can tailor each day to meet your needs, anything from an introduction to ski touring, to multi-day traverses.
We generally meet in Revelstoke at 7am, check gear and sign waivers before taking a scenic drive into Rogers Pass. Here, we do some safety briefings and a bit of training with avalanche transceivers before hitting the skin track. Depending on the tour, we will normally ski between 4000 and 6000 vertical feet (up and down!) per day. We are usually back in Revelstoke between 5-6pm. This is bound to change as the weather, daylight hours and avalanche conditions evolve throughout the season.
What makes this trip special?
- Fully customizable to suit your level of experience, which means that just about anyone with a reasonable level of fitness can get up into this stunning playground and enjoy!
- Easily accessible and widely varied terrain right off the highway. No need for a shuttle or specialized vehicle – park your car, gear up and we’re off!
- Single or multi-day packages available to accommodate every budget and itinerary. Single day trips offer a nice break from the local resorts, which can be busy and tough to find fresh snow, while multi-day packages include overnight stays in some of the huts managed by the Alpine Club of Canada and scattered throughout Rogers Pass. These longer trips allow for more time to explore a specific area or, if interest and abilities allow, traverses from peak to peak!
- A world-class destination for backcountry skiers. This is the crème de la crème when it comes to snow quality, variety of terrain and panoramic vistas, which is why people come from all over the world to ski tour in Rogers Pass. With a guided tour, you can be sure to make the most of your trip and ski the very best lines this region has to offer!
- Dates are flexible with a long season that runs from December to April. Given the elevation in Rogers Pass, early and late season skiing is generally a safe bet, and the simple logistics of getting to and from the Pass from Revelstoke make planning a breeze. It’s as easy as picking your date(s) and giving us a call!